Friday, February 20

Funny Quote Friday - Book Edition

Ok, so nothing has really topped the tacos and peanut butter (except now I'm randomly thinking about them - and laughing every time). Although almost everything Kenzie says makes me smile - especially when she spontaneously breaks out in song with "Money, money, must be funny, in a rich man's world..." or "move it, move it, I like to move it". She likes to listen to the soundtrack from Mamma Mia (well just this song), and I think the other one she picked up from commercials of Madagascar - because I don't know that she ever watched the movie. She also walked up to Kevin who was lying on the floor and said "hey dad - you dead?".
Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of our favorite (currently) funny books instead this week.
Kenzie and I got Too Many Frogs! from the library a couple of weeks ago - and it is really cute - even Tyler had to read it with the appropriate voice (makes sense if you read it). We were sad when we reached the maximum renewals and had to return it. It is definitely on our need to get list.
Another of our favorites - and has been for a while - is the Junie B. Jones series. Lyndsey read them in kindergarten (they are easy chapter books) and now we are reading them to Sierra. We now even have a few of them on audio book with the author reading them. It was funny that she does the voice of Junie B. almost exactly like I have always done it. It is a great look at what life really looks like to a 5-6 year. This is the one we are currently reading with Sierra - but we have almost the entire series.

No comments: