I forgot a couple of things with my posts last night. First, the lady that passed out at church is doing fine last we heard. Our bishop is a doctor and there are a couple of nurses in our ward as well. They were able to stabilizer her in the foyer, and then she was taken to the hospital in stable condition. She has Alzheimer's and it could have been anything from a very mild stroke, to the fact that it isn't uncommon for Alzheimer's patients (especially women at church for some reason) to pass out after/during mild panic attacks.
Also Mackenzie went in for her 2 year check up yesterday, and measured in at 38 1/2 inches. There is a theory out there that you double a girls height at 2 to see how tall she will be when she grows up - that would make her 6'5". In comparison, Lyndsey was 36 1/2 inches at 2 - making her 6'1", and Sierra was 37 making her 6'2". Kaylee was the shortest at 34 3/4 inches so she would be about 5'9 1/2" (yeah she is already about 5/5" and since she is still 2 months from her 12 birthday, I'm not sure that will hold up) and Morgan was 35 1/2 so she should be 5'11" - she about 5'10" now and will be 14 this fall -so that might work - although she says that 5'11" is a weird number, and since she already past 5'9" (that number "sounds good") she'd just as soon reach 6' (teenagers). We'll see - I was my full hieght when I was 14. Sadly, this theory put Ty at being about 6' - I checked some other theories online - and most of them said he'd be about 6'2" -to maybe 6'5" - not sure how he will feel about being in the same height range as his sisters (one even put him at 5'10" which would make him the shortest in the family - besides me.) After having such tall girls, I was always afraid that I'd end up with a shorter than average boy - not normally a big deal -but with 5 very tall sisters, and an extremely tall dad, I think he might have some issues with that. ok - I rechecked Ty's numbers - I think Kevin had them a little off - but I can't really read his chart (engineers) but I did find this website http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/child-height-predictor?scid=pcbulletin:20071224:0:0:0
which seems like it would be more accurate - since it takes into account the childs age, height, weight and the parents heights. Using his current height and weight, it says he will be about 6'6" - which what I've always thought he'd get to - not sure he will make 6'10" so he can "be like dad" but it will be close. Everyone always guesses Kevin as being 6'6". This calculator also says that Kenzie will only be about 6'1" but we (Mo and I) think that she will fall into the 10% that can be wrong with this method. If anyone remembers that info for someone that is already grown - it would be interesting to check it. The closest I came was plugging Mo's numbers in for when she was 12 - it put her at being 5'11" at 18. Since she is already in their window of error (read the fine print) - it works for her. I'm sure that isn't a very scientific but it is the best I got right now!
Thursday, July 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Well that was educational!! Bet Tyler loved it, he just seems to soak up anything he can learn. Did you use the new sight with MacKenzie? What did it say?
and I was so worried that Tyler would be short :)... though Scott will tell you that 5'9" is perfectly average for a man... Nothing to be ashamed of.
Yeah - the new sight said that Mackenzie would be 6'1 1/2" - not sure we believe them on that one. And 5'9" is a perfectly respectful height for a man - I just think that if that man came from a family with 5 sisters that are 6' or taller, and a dad that is 6'10" he might just have a few issues that would need to be dealed with. Unless said man was not into the whole "I'm better/bigger/make more/..." that most men seem to participate in. Not sure Tyler would fall in that catagory - he is already into that.
Post a Comment