Wednesday, July 9

Wednesday July 2nd

On Wednesday night, we went to Lyndsey's performance. (Side note: back in May, Lyndsey started taking voice lessons, and Kaylee started taking guitar lessons at Washington Academy of Music (WAM) in Silverdale - both have wanted to do this for a long time, and they are loving it. anyhoo...) WAM was doing this Broadway Camp last week, putting on Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Lyndsey was Cinderella. They had actually picked her to play Cinderella several weeks ago, so she has been working on the songs in voice lessons, but the lines and staging she had to learn at the camp. (3 hours both Monday and Tuesday and then about 5 hours on Wednesday before the performace.) Lyndsey did really well - and she loved it.




Morgan and Kaylee voluteered and helped out the whole week - and got to be the pumpkin/carriage in the performance



The video I have of a couple of the songs aren't very good (I was standing right by the piano - and you can barely hear Lyndsey sing. But she sang one of the songs at the talent show at school last month -





1 comment:

Diana said...

Very cute! I love that song. My Dad used to play it on the piano while I sang when I was but a wee young lassie. Great job on your blog!