Ok - so some of my favorite quotes that I have loved hearing over the last week -
"WooHoo!!" "Yeah, Kenzie!" "Mellows and choco chips, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? M&M's too? Okay?" "Jump, mommy, Jump....again....again....again....higher....again...one more?" "You can sit on my lap but don't pee on me" "ok, no pee on Bob" And the favorite words of any parent of a toddler "mommy potty now! hurry!"
In case you haven't figured it out -
"WooHoo!!" "Yeah, Kenzie!" "Mellows and choco chips, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? M&M's too? Okay?" "Jump, mommy, Jump....again....again....again....higher....again...one more?" "You can sit on my lap but don't pee on me" "ok, no pee on Bob" And the favorite words of any parent of a toddler "mommy potty now! hurry!"
In case you haven't figured it out -
Kenzie is potty trained!!
We are little excited to done with diapers for good!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! ok - so we still have some night-time pull-ups - but still WOOHOO!
A little explaination about the quotes - Kenzie could choose between marshmellows, chocolate chips, or M&M's for a treat when she went potty (she got two if she went stinky as well) but more often than not she wanted all 3 (she is no dumby)- and she has this funny thing about saying things really upbeat and happy with an "okay" at the end that she is sure means the answer will always be yes...like "chocolate cake for breakfast - okay?" I really need to get it recorded but I haven't managed to do it yet - I want her to say something like "talk to me - okay?" on my phone so that I can set that as my ring.
The other one is the "jump, mommy" - I've never really been a "when-someone-says-jump-I-say-how-high" kind of person - in fact I hate being told what to do - and have been known to not do something I was going to do anyway just because some told me I had to do it. Anyway, when we first tried potty training Kenzie - I was so excited one of first times she went that I was cheering for her and jumped. She thought it was hysterical - and almost fell off the toilet laughing - as soon as she caught her breath she would say - "again" she'd laugh just as hard so it continued - although I'd jump lower and lower until I was really just going up on my tiptoes - that was when she added her "higher" and I added my "one more"...So this time when we started potty training again - she would want me to jump - even if I wasn't the one taking her potty - she could care less if Dad, Bob, Mojo or anyone else jumped - it had to be me and everytime she'd laugh just as hard. And the whole time I'd be thinking of the irony of my kid telling me to jump, me doing it, and then her telling me to jump higher. Luckily,the novelty of making it to the potty everytime is wearing off - so I don't have to jump every time she goes now - and she has also never requested that I jump in a public bathroom... can you imagine over hearing that conversation in the stall next to you "jump now mommy" and the mommy refusing (because I so would draw the line at jumping for joy in a public bathroom) and the pleading "pleeeeease? I went peepee in toilet - you jump high"(because that is what she told me the first time I tried to tell her I wasn't jumping - it was like it was part of the deal - "I pee in the toilet - you jump. oh and don't forget the mellows, choco chips and m&ms").











4 comments:
I love that girl!! She makes me laugh!!! ROFL!!!
Yea for Kenzie! Potty training stories are always so funny because it is amazing how low we will go - I think Tyler's story beats all though.
Congratulations Kenzie!!!......and Mom!!!!!
I can just hear her giggle. Kind of like the "Here comes the mousie from the barn to the housie" that I was doing with her that day! That girl certainly delights in life!
Congrats!! I'd say jumping was worth having a potty trained little toddler. It does sound pretty labor intensive, but I suppose you can't get around that much with potty training. I'm sure her giggle was all you needed to keep you jumping- the things we do for our kids:)
Post a Comment