Friday, April 3

Funny Quote Friday

Ok - so this is a Mackenzie Edition of quotes. I feel like I use her a lot - but seriously almost everything that comes out of her mouth makes me laugh.


  • Last night, she come and crawls up on my bed (I was resting my back (with heat) AGAIN), and she asks for the "buttons" (she likes to hold them - I'm sure so that I don't just randomly change channels during commercials and pretend that her show is over - come on, admit it, every mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, older sibling has done or thought of doing this!) Anyway, I give her the DVD buttons, she isn't fooled and just looks at me and smiles as she reaches over and takes the TV buttons from me. Then she proceeds to hold the buttons up like dolls and says (with different voices) "HELLO FRIEND" "hello there friend how are you?" "I'M GOOD, WHATCHA DOING?" "i'm watching tv howbout you?"... This continued for about 3 minutes when I proceeded fall off the bed laughing - then she finally couldn't stop herself anymore and joined me in a giggle.

  • Last night at dinner, Mackenzie says "these are funny tasting carrots" I answer with "Funny tasting carrots, huh? Maybe because that is cantaloupe." she answers with "yeah, cantaloupe, but funny tasting carrots"

  • Also at dinner last night - Kenzie has this thing with putting food in her mouth and then spitting it back out - I've had other kids do this - but nothing like Kenzie - and usually because the extra sensitive Richmond Gag is kicking in - Kenzie and Tyler didn't get that so I'm not sure what her thing is. Anyway, last night, she asked for more cantaloupe (and now that I think about it, that was before she said the cantaloupe was funny tasting carrots...) And I asked her if she was going to actually eat it. She grabs a piece, takes a bite and says "no, chew and spit it." Seriously, where did she come from.

  • So recently, I have been telling Kenzie that she is getting too big for me to carry - especially with my sore back. She insists she isn't big she is tiny and that I'm big enough to carry her. Well somehow I think this whole thing led to the following situation (which has repeated itself about 4 times - but this was the first) I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready and Kenzie comes in. She loves to help, so she goes to the table and grabs a chair (which she calls a stool) and pushes it over to help me. She then growls at me "MOVE BIG MOMMA" The first time, I'm like "excuse me - big momma?" and she says "Yeah - you BIG MOMMA - MOVE IT!" (all with a grin on her face - so I know she is teasing me) and proceeds to push the chair into place. So, I let her help and then when I walked away for a second to get something, she slid her chair over more to be right where I was - so that now I can't reach the bowl, so I say "Move Big Kenzie". She turns looks at me with a look that says "I can't believe you just said that" (picture the face you'd make if, like the nurse I had yesterday, someone accidently wrote down your weight wrong - adding about 45 lbs) and says "I am NOT big Kenzie! I'm tiny!" alrighty then... Good thing she is so cute - I'm not sure I like being "BIG MOMMA"!!!
*Luckily, she only calls me "BIG MOMMA" in the kitchen when she wants me to move...if asked if I'm big momma other times, she answers with "no, you're my cute mommy" or something similar - and she never actually says momma unless she is calling me big momma...

I could go on...but I'll save them for another time!

1 comment:

Jan W. said...

What a darn cute character! It's always kind of a surprise when you realize your two year old has a sense of humor! Actually that is one of the signs of "giftedness."