Tuesday, January 27

She made the team

So we are very pleased to announced that Mo made the school basketball team. She has tried out for a school team 5 times now and finally made the team. I so would have quit trying after being cut the first time! We are so excited for her - even though it makes our lives a little crazier. It was even cooler that the coach came to see her play in her peewee game tonight and then went up after the game ended to tell her. She was already pretty excited because her team had just won a close game - and Morgan was a big part of the win - including a shot that she threw at the basket that looked a lot like a pass that some how made it into the hoop. She was as surprised as anyone that it had gone in - she stood there looking at the hoop like "did that really just go in?" and then realized that the game was still going and maybe she should get down court - which she did admist calls of "nice pass Morgan!" She later explained she was trying to draw the foul (from the girl hanging on her arms.) I think she should really practice that outside shot - if she had been back one step it would have been 3 pointer and a center that can shoot from the outside is always a surprise. No one ever expects the tall person to shot from the outside.

I was doing really good and remembered the camera. But I keep score and I forgot to tell Kevin that I had the camera (but he was busy talking the JR high coach during the game so I doubt he would have taken any pictures anyway). So the only pics we got were of warm ups when I was checking to make sure my camera was set up right for the gym lighting. Well with her on two teams I'm sure we will have plenty of chances to get pictures!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

i like the last shot... it makes me look tough ;) - Mojo (i cant remember my password... and im too lazy to change it right now... lol)

Mrs.Goates said...

So awesome Mo - Congrats! I remember last year Kristi saying there is an insane number of girls who try out - so it is really a big deal that you made it.