Ok - so every night at dinner, we hear "elbowit" and or "elbowfart". I just shake my head and laugh. You are probably wondering what the heck that means. Well, it means that Tyler has picked up this habit that he sticks elbow in his cup before we can pour milk (or whatever we are drinking) into it. The elbow fart comes into play when he has on a short sleeves shirt and straightens his arm just enough when he pulls the cup off to form a vacuum effect. Such pleasantness. Luckily with it cold lately he has been wearing long sleeves. Little Monk lives. For those who don't know or don't remember, Tyler use to walk around Costco on the lines formed when they poured the cement floor. He'd have a mini panic attack if someone had left a cart in his way, or the shelves got in his way, I would pick him up and move him around the obstacle. He was about 2-3. Costco trips were never quick with Tyler. But he would ask if we could go to Costco like other kids would ask if we could go play at the park. My sister Wendy said that it reminded her of Monk (from the TV show) I really should have the kid checked for OCD - but I don't know if early detection helps or not. For now, we are just calling him "quirky".
And a bonus quote, the other night Kevin comes downstairs to be met with the sound of a light saber turning on, and the word "I'm Darth Vader. I'm going to get you" in a deep gravely Darth Vader voice. You're all thinking Tyler, huh? Nope, it was Mackenzie. Needless to say, Kevin was pretty easy to slay - as he was on the floor laughing!
Friday, January 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
Ahh... Mini monk - I still remember the Christmas Scott and I wanted him to come over and frost sugar cookies with us and he would have none of it - then when the finish product arrived with his sisters, he took one look and asked for the perfect little Christmas cookies you guys had somewhere. Yes "Quirky" is the right word when you can't get a 4 year old to eat sugar covered cookies because they are not neat :)
That is so funny! It makes me feel better...I wouldn't worry about him cause I consider myself pretty normal (maybe still some munk-ish tendencies), but I remember when I was about 7/8, if I had a bad thought or worry while I was doing something like shutting a door, or closing a drawer, or anything that seemed "final", I was afraid that thought would come true, so I was CONSTANTLY doing things two, three, sometimes FOUR times until I had a GOOD thought while doing that thing. Kaela would notice (*we shared a room), but I soon grew out of it! Wierd the thoughts we can get in our heads...sorry for the novel comment:)
I love our "quirky" mini-Monk!! Keeps life entertaining!! If he isn't showing off his Monk-like characteristics, he is blowing me away with some new knowledge he has gained that I am sure boys his age do not usually know.
Although I am not sure I can picture Monk doing an Elbowfart!! I absolutely love the times when the little boy in Tyler comes out!!
Post a Comment