Mom: uh, ok
(I've been trying to get her to make healthier eating choices, and I'm thinking, wow, must be working....yeah then reality checked in and curiosity got the better of me...)
Mom: Why?
Sierra: Because I think my ears are starting to get a little pointy and I'm not sure I want to be an elf when I grow-up.
Mom: Allllright. We can have broccoli with dinner.
Sierra: Ok, that sounds good. I like broccoli.
(took me a while, but if you haven't seen Santa Clause 2 - that is where it comes from - one of the elves says that he didn't eat his green vegetables when asked why his ears are pointy)
*********
On Monday Morgan and I were making cookies. Kenzie wanted up so she could see what we were making. She looks in the mixer and says "mmmmm....make my face dirty." We were making Chocolate Chocolate chip cookies, and they certainly did make Kenzie's face dirty! So this is our new level of yum - is it "make my face dirty" good?
*********
On Tuesday morning we were talking about what everyone else was talking about, the inauguration. I was telling Tyler that he was going to get to watch it at school, and asking if he knew what it was. He said no, so I explained that it is when the new President of the US takes office. I asked him if he knew who that was. He didn't so I told him it was Barack Obama and the vice president is Joe Bidden. At breakfast, I was asking the other girls (Kaylee and Lyndsey) if they knew if they were watching it. (I had a note from Ty's teacher telling me they were - but hadn't heard from the other teachers, other than a general note home to the whole school that it would be made available for classes to watch and if I didn't want my kids to watch it, to send a note). So again it was asked "do you know who the new president is?" Tyler says "No. His salary is $400,000 annually". Again I told him it is Barack Obama. One of the girls says "Yeah I knew Barack was the president, who is the vice-president again?" Tyler says "$196,000" with food in his mouth so it sounded more like "jon mighty stickowend". I look at him and say "what?", Tyler swallows and says "$196,000. That is how much he makes." I respond with, "oh, do you know his name?" Tyler says "no" So I tell them it is Joe Bidden. Just to check, about 5 minutes later, I ask Tyler again if he know who the president and vice president are going to be. He says "no, but I know how much they are going to get paid" I wrote the names down, and now I think he remembers (he seems to remember everything he reads). Oh, and I asked how he knew how much they make, and he said he read it an almanac. I might need to check the publication date on that to make sure the info is still current.
Another fun fact from Tyler - there is a mouse small enough to sleep in a teaspoon. He told me this while I was helping him with his shoes the other day. And no, we weren't talking about mice or teaspoons at the time.











5 comments:
OH my!! Kids say the darndest things!! Green vegetables, presidents and make my face dirty. Love it. LOL
I think Elaine will agree with the "make my face dirty" assessment of cookies. The girl would eat a whole bowl of cookie dough, but I try to give her a cookie and she eats 2 bites. A girl after my own heart.
Quirky!
Any chance we could send Tyler to Washington for a while to fix the financial problems?
oh that's so funny. I like the "get your face dirty" good.
Sounds like you have a little genius. Actually, from what I've heard about your other kids, it sounds like you have more than one genius. :)
Post a Comment