Ok - so it has been a while, but Kenzie has been cracking me up lately.
*Did you know that George Washington doesn't have a swim suit? According to Kenzie he doesn't - but he does have red shorts he can use to swim in. (She just randomly shared this fact with us one day)
*last week before the kids went back to school, she comes upstairs all sad. I ask her what is up. She says "You need to come yell at someone." me "Yell at someone? Who?" Kenzie "I don't know" me "Why?" Kenzie "well SiSi fell off the couch and Bob has her feet up in the air" me "ok..." I take her down stairs, go in the family room, and say "Kenzie came and told me I needed to come yell at someone. Anyone know who needs yelled at and why?" SiSi and Kaylee (both with completely guilty faces) "umm...noooooo...." me "Well whatever you are doing, knock it off" and then to Kenzie "is that good?" Kenzie "yep. thanks"
a couple of days later, she came to tell me I need to yell at "those kids" again... (in my defense, I asked the older girls if I yell a lot, thinking maybe I needed to work on not yelling so much. But they both informed me that no I don't yell hardly ever - although Morgan admitted she yells a lot - which I've noticed too - but she is working on it and has been better lately)
*this one might qualify as too much info - but after two weeks of it I have to share... When I take Kenzie potty, she is one of those kids who likes to just hang out on the toilet after they have gone. I have very little patience for sitting in a bathroom watching kids on the toilet. So I'm constantly asking her "are you done?" usually the answer is "no". A minute later, I ask again, she still says "no" so I start trying to bribe her off - "should we go get find (anything I can think of - stickers, snack, treat, drink, someone to play with, log onto WebkinzJr., etc.) Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. So a couple of weeks ago, her answer was "no, I don't have goose bumps yet" I'm like "ok....?" (I didn't even know she knew what goose bumps were) "so you need to get goose bumps before you'll be done?" she says "yep." so thinking I'd speed things up I tickled her neck and back to give her goose bumps. And then say "ok you have goose bumps are you done?" Kenzie says "nooo. my stinkies need to give me goose bumps." me "what? your goose bumps give you goose bumps." and she says "yep - and then I'm done." She then goes stinky gets, goose bumps and says "see. goose bumps. I'm done" So I'm think this is completely random and wonder where she comes up with this stuff...until the next day when I'm again sitting in the bathroom waiting for her to go and asking "are you done yet?" and I get "nope. no goose bumps yet". I'm like seriously? But sure enough, she goes stinkie and gets goose bumps and then says "ok I'm done" She is now to the point of just saying as we walk to the bathroom - "I need to get goose bumps mom." Not sure why I think it is funny. But it makes me laugh everytime. Oh, and I still have to bribe her off when she isn't waiting for the goose bumps, and just hanging out.
Friday, September 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
LOL Oh my heck, I have never hear of that!! It is too freakin' funny. I might have to share that with some friends it is too funny, almost as funny as Tyler's first peeing expression!!
ok - good. I wondered if maybe I was the weird one not getting goose pumps...
Today it was "I need to get goose bumps" Although I guess in public it is better then "I need to go stinkie"
Ya, that's a good code phrase! Nice and polite! People will just think she needs to "get scared"?! That's really funny. I love funny quote Fridays :)
Post a Comment