So all in all we had a great family weekend - and will do it again. As long as it is close to home (until we get a trailer hitch, we have to take a seat out of the van to fit all the gear in so all the kids have to sit really close together) And I think it should be close enough to a town so that we can shop for food there - and there are other things for entertainment (like we went shopping in Port Townsend and got to play at Fort Warden). Now if we could find another free weekend....
Sunday, July 26
First Richmond Camping Trip
Ok - so I know this was like a month ago - but I still wanted to share some pictures from our first family camping trip. Most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of camping - but we all had a good time. We went to Old Fort Townsend (right by Port Townsend) and stayed for 2 nights. On Saturday before we came home, we went to Fort Warden. Don't know how we have never been there - it is awesome - great beach - and lots of cool batteries to explore. We then went into town to get have eat at Nifty Fifty's - no pictures of that - but it is a great old fashion ice cream place that serves yummy burgers and has more ice cream treats on the menu than anything else - gotta love that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Shopping while camping? I like the sound of that, though that would have to be toward the beginning of the trip so I could still feel pretty clean:) Looks like it was a ton of fun and I love all the pictures!!
Post a Comment