When Kaylee showed Kevin and asked him what he thought he says "Completely over the top". Kaylee and I just laughed. Because it is. My girls have apparently inherited this tendancy from me, and I got it from my mom. But Kaylee thought it was the coolest thing ever and we had fun making it so I guess it is all good. Thank goodness for google images where we were able to find the picture of a polor bear eating lettuce - because we would have been up a lot later if we had tried to draw a picture of a bear eating salad. And we even had our choice of several pictures of this polor bear eating salad (his name is Knut). Who knew?
Friday, May 15
Ranch anyone?
Kaylee is on the ASB at her school and they have more "spirit weeks" at her elementary than we ever dreamed of having in high school - seems like there is one every month. Well next week is "Salad Dressing" week and Kaylee had to make a poster of a bottle of ranch dressing for the display they are doing so the kids know which day is which. Well, last night Kaylee had a lot of homework, so I said I'd start working her poster. I was thinking I could get a picture on-line of a bottle of Hidden Valley, and print it as a poster in presentations. When I asked how big it needed to be, Kaylee brings out this piece of paper that is about 5 feet tall. Yeah, can't exactly print one that big (I was thinking like 24 inches at the most). So, instead I got to draw a dressing bottle - which I ended up cutting out so that it would be symetrical. Kaylee got her homework done, and came to help decorate the bottle. This is what we ended up with:

When Kaylee showed Kevin and asked him what he thought he says "Completely over the top". Kaylee and I just laughed. Because it is. My girls have apparently inherited this tendancy from me, and I got it from my mom. But Kaylee thought it was the coolest thing ever and we had fun making it so I guess it is all good. Thank goodness for google images where we were able to find the picture of a polor bear eating lettuce - because we would have been up a lot later if we had tried to draw a picture of a bear eating salad. And we even had our choice of several pictures of this polor bear eating salad (his name is Knut). Who knew?
When Kaylee showed Kevin and asked him what he thought he says "Completely over the top". Kaylee and I just laughed. Because it is. My girls have apparently inherited this tendancy from me, and I got it from my mom. But Kaylee thought it was the coolest thing ever and we had fun making it so I guess it is all good. Thank goodness for google images where we were able to find the picture of a polor bear eating lettuce - because we would have been up a lot later if we had tried to draw a picture of a bear eating salad. And we even had our choice of several pictures of this polor bear eating salad (his name is Knut). Who knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I'm guessing that her mascot is the bears, because otherwise it is totally random to have the bear eating lettuce on the front :)
Very fun - and mom going over the top? Everything she did was always completely reasonable - especially the hamster cage she turned into a liahona for my seminary class :) Love you mom!
Ha! I love seeing all of your families projects... looks to me like graphic design might be a good option for a career in her (and your) future:)
Post a Comment