OK - so we are sitting at dinner the other night and Kevin is talking about something that happened at work, so we were all being a very attentive family and looking at him :o) Well he suddenly gets this funny look on his face - he was looking at Mackenzie (I might need to explain the seating arrangement at our table - Kevin is at the "head", to his right is Tyler, then me and Mackenzie; on his left is Lyndsey, then Sierra and Kaylee; Morgan is at the "foot" - so that if we are all looking at Kevin - Mackenzie is pretty much not being paid attention to at all). So I turn and look. Mackenzie has taken handfuls of food and is rubbing it in her hands like it is soap and she is washing her hands. She then takes a handful and starts wiping her hands all over her face. (she is oblivious to us watching her at this point). She then picks up a piece of chicken and proceeds to try and mash it into her forehead to make it stick (kind like you would try to make silly putty or play-dough stick to something). At this point my ability to talk returns and I say "Kenzie - what are you doing?" She jumps a little, looks at me (and everyone else now watching her - we were all seriously dumbfounded at her antics), she looks back at her hands and says "oh messy" and shows them to me. And then smiles and says "bath now?" I'm all "ya think?" I seriously sat there for a few seconds trying to figure out if I could get the White Chicken Lasagna and broccoli off of her hands, face, neck, etc and out of her curls without a bath because I really didn't want to encourage her behavior - we are pretty sure she was trying to make herself so dirty I'd have to give her a bath. I've had other kids do this - and I must say - I'd would just wash them off in the sink (and at least two tried it with spaghetti) but Mackenzie's curls tipped the scale - there is no way I'd be able to pick the food out of them to the point that I'd let her go and then give her a bath much later like I did with the other kids so that they wouldn't connect the bath with the mess-making behavior.
ok - for all you people who actually noticed - this was really posted on Saturday - sorry if I missed you on Friday - but things were a little crazy here with Black Friday shopping, going to Twilight, and dinner with my family that is in town visiting. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! We did!
Friday, November 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment