Friday, November 21

Funny Quote Friday - Tyler Classics

Ok so here are some of our favorite Tyler quotes from years gone by...(thanks Aunt WeeWee)
Both are from when he was between 2 and 3...
Tyler hated to get dressed. After another day of trying wrestling clothes on him, I told Ty that if he wanted to be naked he needed to stay in his room. After he was in his room for about 5 minutes, I decided to check and see if he had calmed down and was ready to get dressed. I come up the stairs and he is standing at the top crying like he is hurt or scared. I ask "what's wrong?" Tyler answers through his tears "there is water coming out of my peepee!!!" (he wasn't potty trained despite my efforts - this explained a lot - he didn't realize what going potty was!!)
Next one... Tyler came to me crying one day and I asked what happened - he said "I hurt the wrist of my foot!" (apparently he didn't know what an ankle was).
Gotta love that kid! At about 4 he also told me "he was using his mandible to chew his food" and "Lucy broke her femur but it grew back together" (this was to Grandma Jan) and since he knew several of his bones at that point - I had to learn mine so that I'd know what he was talking about when he'd say "I bumped my clavicle and it hurts" or "my ulna is sore"...(you get the point and once he figured out I didn't know my bones as well as him, he'd have the grin in the picture below - just testing me to see if I could figure out what he was talking about - I never knew if he was really hurt or just trying to see if I knew where that specific bone was)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gotta love that boy!! Everytime I think about those stories I laugh!! Everytime I see that little smarty he amazes me with something else he know, that the "normal" 6 year old doesn't!!