Friday, March 28

Waiting for better weather?

Ok - so I've been sitting here laughing all day - the weather men said we'd get lots of snow last night but it would stop by 10 am. Then this morning we wake up - no snow here - very little fell any where it was suppose to - and if it was still falling the weather men now said it would be all over by 9 am. Yeah - do these people have any clue?
It has been snowing off and on all morning and about noon turned to definite snow and is now coming down like crazy - and actually starting to stick. Ok the fact that it is Mar 28th in Washington would make that humorous but...
...after months and months of delays the roofers are here! We signed the contract and paid our deposit the first part of July - in October they started saying they'd have to wait til spring to do it because the weather getting too bad. So yesterday, the roofers showed up and ripped off the old roof - and now they are out roofing my house! In the snow! Ok - so glad they waited for better weather!
I almost fell bad for them - they have to be freezing - and really it isn't their fault the managers decided now would be a good time to roof. Almost. Then I just remember standing on a ladder in the pouring rain trying to get a tarp over the leaking roof back in Dec. At least they are getting paid for it! I had actually paid not to have to do that and I was still out there with a leaking roof!

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

That is hilariuos... Maybe the roofing company will redefine "bad weather" next fall and just go ahead and work through the winter