Ok - so the Saturday after Valentine's, our washer died. We were very sad. Our washer, of course, choose to die one and half loads into my weeks worth of laundry - about 9 loads short of being done. We had to get a new one, so of course I wanted a new matching drier. I went to Home Depot and said "I have six kids, and my washer died this morning. I need the biggest capacity, most efficient washer and dryer you have." I'm sure the sales guy was thrilled to point me in the right direction. It was presidents weekend, so with all the sales, the soonest I could get my new washer and drier was the following Friday. Monday, after realizing that it would cost me about $80 to go to a laundry mat to do laundry (when did that get so expensive?), I loaded up my van and headed to the Wells laundry facilty - their prices are way better! I got there about 10 am, and left about 11pm with all of my laundry done and folded. Mom said I need to post and say I wasn't actually doing any laundry. I was going to but it was a like a mini vacation. I read to kids, played legos and dolls - and basically had a good time not doing laundry.

On Friday the new washer and dryer showed up. I LOVE THEM!!! I can do much larger loads, cutting my normal 10 loads to about 6 or 7 and I my dryer dries at the same rate my washer washes - usually under an hour per load so I can get all my laundry done in one day (folding is another issue with all the time I spend in the car during the day.) The kids were fasinated with them - and Tyler and Sierra and even Mackenzie like to help do laundry now- put clothes in and out and pushing the buttons - with a little guidance from Mom.)

After I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago and Kevin stayed home to do the driving and stuff - he loves them too - it was laundry day -and he just couldn't believe he was able to wash and dry all of it in the one day. He didn't fold it - but we can't ask for everything. I feel like I got several extra hours added to my week now - of course I was several hours short to start with - so I almost feel caught up! Almost.
2 comments:
My friends got some of those fancy front loading, high capacity, fancy looking washer and dryers too - but they have no kids and I'm pretty sure she got them because they were red... I think you probably enjoy yours more! Congrats
Congratulations Kristi! Size of washer and dryer makes a huge difference in a large family's laundry time. When we were in England at Sherrill's for the twins' birth, I did her laundry and it took F O R E V E R! In England all the machines are small. You can fit about 1 sheet in a load so we were washing and drying day and night every day! What a hassle. By the way--your kids are darling--love the matching jailbird jammas--and my sympathies go to you for the school/activity commute you're enduring these days--that's gotta be tough!
Love ya,
Marge
Post a Comment