Thursday, July 29

vacation...day 5...Orem/Provo/BYU

So on Monday, we headed to Orem to visit Nathan and Jessica. We had some yummy burgers, fries, and onion rings from The Purple Turtle. My kids loved that they actually served fry sauce. We then went to look around BYU, to give Morgan an idea of what it was like. Unfortuately, we didn't realize that the entire campus was shut down as part of the 4th of July weekend Freedom Festival.  And it was really HOT!! Nathan really took to his role as tour guide. And it was funny how quickly my one semester there came back to me - remember which buildings I had classes in, the fun of the testing center, and why I lost 15 pounds in the short time I was there. The combo of all my classes were on the opposite of side of the campus from where the bus dropped me off and the whole cooking for myself. But I've more than made up for that now.


These two had a lot of fun together. After our really short, really hot tour of BYU, we went back to Nathan and Jessica's and hung out till it cooled off. We played games (Kaylee beat up on everyone on Wii Cooking Mama)/ When it got a little cooler, we took the kids out to play in the little playground by their apartments. 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a picture slideshow
I usually try to ignore my kids when they throw a tantrum to get their way, but Kenzie was just so cute and funny. She was really having a hard time with taking turns that afternoon. But she just doesn't scream or grab or cry, she goes off by herself and pouts.
Before we headed back to Park City, we took advantage of the 75 cent movies and took the kids to Percy Jackson, Lightning Thief (the older 4 and mom) and How to Train Your Dragon (youngest 2 and dad). Another fun day!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We loved having you all over. Needless to say Kaymbri has been asking me and asking when will she see her cousins. Pictures usually help fill the void but I think she really liked having someone to actually play with her.