Monday, July 26
vacation...Day 1...Bremerton to Boise
So things have been slightly crazy since we got home from vacation, but I really do want to do some posts about the great time on our trip. I guess the best place to start is the beginning.
We had a little bit of a late start - things had taken a little longer to pack up than we had thought, but we were still on target to leave by our "at the latest we'd like to leave by..." time. Everything was stacked up, ready to be packed into the van, and Kevin went out with the first load while I started organizingd the kids with the next things to go out. When Kevin tried to open up the back of the van, the handle to the left hand door broke, and the door wouldn't open. After much twisting and turning we were able to get the plastic cover off and I was able to squeeze my arm through the opening and after some trial and error, pop the door open. (I had some interesting bruises on my arm that it took us a couple of days to figure out where they came from - I really should have taken a picture).
We couldn't figure out how to fix it, so we loaded up and stopped at the mechanic's to see if it was a quick fix or not. Turms out it isn't - the bolt sheared off. The whole mechanism needs to be replaced. Since the rear doors were replaced after my accident, the repair is covered with the lifetime repair guarantee. Of course, that meant we had to spend the whole vaction with a broken door.
After all that, we did get a late start, but was still able to make it over to Ellensberg before we stopped for lunch.
After our late start, the rest of the day went pretty smoothly - although Morgan felt a little sick for a little while, no one got car sick which was our biggest fear. We got into Boise about 10pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment