Monday, April 19

Ok - so I do have other kids...

I've noticed that the last couple of posts have been about Kenzie so here's some updates on the other kids...
I'll start with Lyndsey (only because those are the first pictures I found) - she had the opportunity back in January to participate in a program on Subase Bangor called Starbase Atlantis. 5th graders in the area get to go to Bangor and learn about different math/science based careers one day a week for several weeks. She got to build an egg car that was suppose to protect her egg for a fall - hers didn't even make it to the course - her partner broke both eggs trying to strap it in. She also got to use a flight simulator, and "fly" an airplane into the Space Needle, and under the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. The big finish was building and launching a rocket. I had something, but Kevin was able to get off work and go watch the launch...

We are pretty sure her rocket is the on the lower left - closer to the trees....
She totally love this experience - and I hope they continue the program.
Lyndsey also had a birthday back in March...Mom and Dad took her out to a special dinner and to a play at the local community theatre - "Music Man" - it was a great production and we had a really good time.
On her actual birthday, she had a special Stake Faith in God for Girls activity. I happen to visit teach the lady who was making the cake for the girls, and I mentioned it was Lyndsey's birthday that night, and so she made Lyndsey her own special cake, in her favorite color - green which just happened to match the sweatshirt she was wearing. And, of course, we had a party for her.  She got some clothes, a gift card to get her ears pierced (which we haven't found time to do yet) and a necklace like Kaylee's with her name on it, among other things...like her favorite all time Disney movie....
(sorry about the red eyes in the pictures, but if I take the time to fix it now, I'm not sure I'll ever get a post done...not sure why my camera isn't doing a very good job fixing it)
Lyndsey is also getting really tall - there is no way I will be taller than her on her 12th birthday - my sad little goal in life.  She is already about 5'6.5".  She recently sang a song for the primary leadership meeting, her singing the child's part and some of the teachers singing the other part- and she was taller than all of them.  Good thing they actually sell pants in a 00tall...

No comments: