Tuesday, March 30

Mackenzie-isms

Here are some recent Kenzie quotes that show why I love this girl:
  • A couple of weeks ago, Kenzie and I are driving in the car on our way to her Preschool Picasso class. She is pretty quiet and then she says "Thank you, mom." I say "Thank you?" She says "yes - Thank you mom". I say "Your welcome Kenzie" and then my curiosity gets the better of me and I ask "what for?" She says "For doing me a favor." me "a favor?" "Yeah mom, a favor. You are driving me to my class. I really like that it is fun. I'm glad you drive me. So thanks for the favor." me - "your welcome Kenzie, anytime"
  • Last week, I had a crazy day on Thursday, and was trying to fight off a migraine. In between picking one kid up and leaving to the take the next kid to her thing, I was laying on my bed. Kenzie walks in my room and says "MOM" I say "hmmm..." Kenzie "oh, mom, does your head hurt?" I answer "yes it does" Kenzie says "I'm sorry mom, I know what you need". She then crawls up on my bed and lays down with her arms around me and her face on mine. She says "me". I say "that does help, thanks". She then moves her head a little and lays her cheek over my ear. She stays like that for a little bit, and then lifts her head up and says "hows this? My head will make it so it is quiter for you so the noises won't hurt your head, and my hugs will make it all better" I must say - I did feel lots better. She stayed like that for a few minutes, and then she gets up and says "ok you rest, I'll go tell everyone to hush up. Oh and I'll find some chocolate. You are out." (I usually keep a stash of chocolate in my dresser/night stand drawer).  I don't know if she followed through on the telling everyone to "hush up" but I know that she found some chocolate and it wasn't apparently for me - the next time I saw her she had a chocolate mustache and beard.
  • Kenzie has always been one of our easiest kids to get to sleep.  We'd say "Kenzie - time to go to sleep," and she'd crawl up next to me, give me a hug, and cuddle up to me and go to sleep. since she is my baby I loved the cuddle time. But Kenzie has had a real hard time with the Daylight Savings time thing, and I don't think she has been asleep before 11:30 p.m. more than 3 or 4 times since the change.  I tried waking her up earlier in the morning hoping that would help, but that only got me a very grumpy Kenzie, who was still up very late. I don't know why 3-4 year-olds have the hardest time with the change. So last night she is laying on the end of our bed and I'm hoping she falls asleep before me because she had a sliver I had been trying to get out all day and hadn't been able to because she'd fight so hard (Kevin was already asleep). I could feel her relaxing against my legs and was thinking "oh good she is going to sleep". I was just getting ready to get up thinking she was asleep, when she says "mom?" I answer "what Kenzie?" "Mom will you make sure I wake up in the morning? I think I might be tired. I'm awake really late." I was glad it was so dark because I don't think she saw my smile as  I answered "yes I'll make sure you wake up in the morning. love you" kenzie answers "thanks mom, love you too, goodnight" and rolls over and falls asleep with in the minute.

4 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

She's so funny. I don't know if it is having all the older siblings around or what but she comes up with the most grown up things to say in the cutest little girl way possible!

Unknown said...

I just love her!! She says the cutest, funniest and often sweetest things!!

Ali said...

She is so adorable. What a sweet sweet girl. I was laughing out loud and then I had to read these to Jeff. I'll take one just like her.

Matt & Viki said...

What a sweet heart! I think it must be a youngest child thing to watch out for the mama, Ali still has the ultra sensative radar to know just what will be the right thing for our mom as well.