Wednesday, June 25

SUMMER!!!

Well, school's out (YAY! I survived seventh grade!!) and there are many things to do. So far, that has mainly consisted of:
  • haircuts
  • dance practice preview/fishing
  • going to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (by the way - AWESOME MOVIE!!!)
  • going to church at 8:30 (we were actually on time!!!)
  • playing video games
  • helping siblings with video games
  • watching TV
  • taking care of sick people
  • and finally, knitting
On Friday after school got out, Liz Bohon, who used to live in our ward, came over and did our hair. YAY!!! I got a foil, and it's fairly obvious. some of my hair is really blonde! it turned out awesome. I love it!

Dance Preview.... what an adventure. It was at Penninsula High School, which is near Purdy, about 30 minutes away. Dance Festival is this big thing that our stake is doing, with several other stakes, at the Tacoma Dome in July. Some of it is fun, while others are frustrating and confusing, because there is a lot of miscommunication. The preview started off interesting, because an ambulance showed up. There are people wondering (especially myself) why there is an ambulance, but they continue with the rehearsal. I eventually hear the story, and there was a boy who basically had a siezure, and was taken to the hospital. I find out later, from Dad, that he didn't make it. =(

Throughout the rest of the preview was confusing, but I was finally starting to get the big dance I'm doing, an all-girls cheerleader dance. It is hard!! I, for one, thought it was lame that only Silverdale stake was in full costume. Aren't we such overachievers? There were two other stakes there, one who had partial costumes and one who didn't have any. The people organizing this thing also told us we needed all of this stuff for some of the other dances, but we never used it. Oh, what fun. I will be so glad, along with a bazillion other people, when this is over.
While I was at that adventure, Dad and Kaylee, Lyndsey, and Tyler went to this "Fishing Kids" thing, where they learn how to fish. This was my last year to do it, and I was at dance preview. Not fair!!!!
About the sick people - Sierra had something on Monday- we don't know if it was acid reflux or a stomach flu - but she wasn't feeling well. On Monday Dad was out attacking some weeds, and wasn't feeling well between that and no sleep, so he came home early yesterday and crawled in bed. It ended up being heat stroke, but didn't admit it until about 10 last night. Mom comes downstairs and asks us for Gatorade. All of ours were a few years old and we had gotten rid of them. Since the corner store, 5 minutes from here, closed at 10, we couldn't go there. Hmm.... He's feeling better now, but stayed home again today.
Yesterday, I randomly decided (because that's how I am) that I was going to start a "swatch scarf." Basically it is a scarf that has all these different stitches, like ribbing and such. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll have it done =)
okay... scratch that. Who knows what I'll knit? I don't even know!!!

Want some pictures?

Here's some!!
Kenzie showing off the Ducky
Sisi and "Dolly Madison" at Kaylee's Wax Museum - that is Mom's wedding dress!
Kenzie helping wash cars
Fishing Kids day - I think the center person is Jacob, our cousin
Lyndsey consoling her daughters in the Cinderella play - She was the stepmother


These are all pictures from Sierra's end of year picnic - I was at home throwing up. How fun is that?

And last but not least...
an absoulutely pathetically cute picture of Mackenzie =(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the post and the pictures!! Great job Morgan!! Thanks again for "taking" me to Indiana Jones it was fun!!

The Goates Herd said...

the pictures are so cute! Good luck on your knitting project!

Beth said...

Such a cute blog!!! I love it!!! Everyone's getting soooo big!

Jan W. said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a while. Way to go MO! Cute pictures and you did a great job describing your summer thus far. Enjoy the rest of it. Dance Festival will soon be over and then you'll have all kinds of free time. Well maybe not, it will almost be time to be getting ready to go back to school...time flies, eh?