So - sorry it has been so long since I posted! For those who don't know, I was sick for the whole month of April. I started with the stomach flu that I got the same day as my dad and my niece Elaine, then Shingles (this is really as bad as everyone says - I still have times when it itches and/or hurts), then strep throat, and then just a cold. I missed every Sunday in April. As I am the primary chorister, the presidency was thrilled with me. They said I had to come up with a better excuse than being contagious if I wanted to get out of church again. Luckily, none of my family ended up with any of it (except for a few sniffles).
I'm still trying to catch up - but I'm finally able to make it through the day without a nap, and sleep through the night without any assistance from the various prescriptions they had me on. Most everyone else is doing good - Lyndsey had a school play that she worked really hard on. She also started voice lessons, and Kaylee started guitar lessons. Ty's new favorite topics to talk and read about are space and money (he has read all kinds of info on the history of different coins and stuff). SiSi is busy being SiSi - she has a couple of more weeks of preschool this year - she just brought me "tea" from her play kitchen - complete with "treats". Mackenzie is doing good. She is really silly lately. She is starting to talk some, but likes to whisper and is sure that you understand everything she says. I have a few things figured out, but not nearly enough. She is doing good with her glasses - she goes back to the eye doc this week and we will find out if she needs bifocals or not. All of the kids except Morgan started swim lessons last week and are enjoying it so far. Mackenzie wasn't so sure about it the first day, but now she loves to kick, blow bubbles, and splash daddy. Morgan decided at 13 1/2 she was old enough not to do swim lessons any more.
Morgan came down with bronchitis this weekend, but is feeling better today - so hopefully she is on the mend and won't miss any school. This late in the year that gets difficult as everyone is piling on the big projects and getting ready for finals. We are also trying to get the house cleaned up as Kevin and I go away this weekend. Kevin's parents are going to stay with the kids while we runaway as our combo birthdays and anniversary. We are going to Port Townsend - we are pretty excited, but I'm already concerned about leaving them to Grandpa and Grandma - I'm sure the kids will be fine - Grandma and Grandpa are great. I'm just worried about the little tricks I'm sure my kids will pull to try and get away with stuff - nothing big - just extra treats, and really late bed times (especially Ty and SiSi) And I'm sure Mackenzie, who has really turned into a momma's girl will become best friends with Kaylee or "Bob" as she calls her - because Kenzie has "Bob" wrapped around her finger. I'm sure everyone will do fine - its just that mom thing.
Well I guess I better go - gee I have laundry to do.
Monday, May 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment