Thursday, September 13

At long last.....




Ok - so my theory that I'd be able to post more with the kids out of school was completely wrong! The kids are back in school and I'm finally getting a chance to do this. Maybe. Kenzie just bumped her head....



She's ok. Lets see how long it lasts. Tyler and Sierra are up playing in the sink with bowls, cups, etc. It started out as Tyler's homework from Kindergarten - he was suppose to use different size containers and pour water between them to figure out which was biggest, smallest and about the same. I tried to be tricky and got him ones that I knew would be close to the same but weren't really. Yeah he still guessed which one was going to be the biggest and which was the smallest (they were differnent shapes but look about the same size - 3 different versions of the Ikea kids bowls and an Ikea kid cup) The little smarty-pants. Ty and Sierra have now added soap to the water and I'm sure they have added more dishes - but we are going on 1 hour with no arguements - and my floor needed mopped anyway.


I had to laugh at the kindergarten at home letter this month - he is suppose to work on recognizing the letter name and sound for M, R, and S and sight read "I" and "see". Oh and count from 1-10 and 10-1 and recognized the numerals. Curriculum night is tonight - we may need to revisit the whole making sure he is challenged part. His bring home book to read is a Magic Tree House Mystery (a chapter book). He said he told the teacher he could read all the books in her room - she let him pick a book from the reading room. He is enjoying school so far - there is a little girl from his preschool class, a little boy from church, and the little brother of Lyndsey's best friend in his class. He had his first play date on Monday - I visit teach the mother of Samuel - so on Monday after I was done visiting the mom, Tyler got to stay and eat lunch with Sam and then catch the bus. I have to admit - seeing him get on the bus - I almost teared up - first time I've done that when one of my kids went to school. Sierra bawled - but she was mad that the bus driver wouldn't let her get on the bus too. His big sisters are pretty protective of him on the ride home.

It really is nice that our bus stop is at the top of our driveway.


Ok so that's Ty. Ok - sending Morgan off to Junior High was a little scarey too. Her bus comes at 6:40 am - and originally they had her stop being about 1/4 of a mile down the road - not too far until you consider the speed limit is 35 mph, there is no sidewalk, and hardly any shoulder, and although it is light now - it won't stay light at 6:40 for long - and there are limited street lights on that stretch of road. Kevin's bus stop was originally at the same place for his worker/driver bus and both he and the driver decided that was a very safe thing for him - so I definitely had a problem with my 12 year-old girl doing it by herself. And then it turns out that was her stop in the morning - but in the afternoon they were going to drop her off 1 mile down the road the other direction. Even her bus driver thought that was outrageous. It is even crazier that the bus drives right past our house getting from one stop to the other. I got it swithced to the street right next to our house (Colorado), and she just waits at the top of our driveway and the bus driver keeps stopping a little further from Colorado and a little closer to our house.


Dad was taking her "first day of school pic" and apparently she's too good for the camera.Actually it was more that she was eating - and had just taken a big bite of bagel she was trying to chew when he was taking the picture. She is liking school and seems to be adjusting to Jr. High well. Especially after she got her schedule changed and doesn't have PE first period. She is playing soccer again this year and the coach keeps threatening that if she gets much taller, he is going to make her play goalie. She thought about trying out for Volleyball - but I thought that try-outs the first day of school would be a bit much - as well as the daily practices on top of her soccer schedule and who knew how much homework. She will try out for the soccer team and the basketball team though. She is also in the process of getting set up to ref soccer games. She is the 2nd counselor in the Beehive class at church - and is enjoying that as well. They did a fun activity learning how to do trick photography. I'll have to have her post some of the pics she took. (I can't find the folder she put them in.)

Ok - I have been coming and going from this - but I think I'm going to post this and do some more later (ok tomorrow) Kenzie is stinky - Tyler needs to eat lunch before the bus comes - and then it will be nap time - and I really should fold some laundry (yes - I know - that is always what I say - but that is usually because I do this instead of that in the first place) It is early day so Morgan will get home around 1:00 and the other kids get home at 2:00 and Ty an LuLu have to go to the dentist. And Mo has Soccer practice and then it is Curriculum night at the school. In other words - I don't think I'll get back to this today :o)

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

It was great to catch up... I can't believe how old Morgan is getting... I remember when she was just Elaine's size, and now she is a beautiful Young Woman! Gees... Tell your kids to stop growing, they make me feel old...er.