As many of you know, my good friend Jessie Cornell, has been going through chemo for Hodgkin's Lymphoma since late February/early March. Since the first part of April, she has been bald. She came to church with her head shaved, as well as 2 of her 3 sons, and her husband. (The third son is the youngest and is 6 years old, and he went very short, but wasn't quite ready for the completely bald look.) Her daughter, who is Morgan's age, cut her hair short as well (went from long to about chin length). Anyway, since then, Tyler has been asking to shave his head. I was waiting until after family portraits, but it was time for haircuts tonight, and he wanted it shaved! So we did it.

He has a very cute head for a shaved head. He has never had so little hair!

He also talked his dad into it - wasn't hard - Kev is the Cornell's home teacher and had been thinking of it anyway. And let's face it - his forehead is getting bigger and bigger.
I think he wanted to see if bald was an option for a permanent look. Yeah - not so much for Kevin. He doesn't have a good head for the bald look. It is a little bumpy. Isn't there some old form of psychology where they study the bumps in the skull? Kevin would have been a very interesting case.

We didn't go completely shaved - Tyler is a little ticklish when I cut his hair and flinches a lot, and Kevin had way too many bumps and grooves so I didn't pull out pull out the shaving cream and razor to "Bic it" but my new clippers did pretty good. (We got new clippers today - I didn't realize how bad my other ones were getting)
By the way, you can't see it (unless maybe you blow up the pictures of the backs of their heads), but the way hair grows in is a good example of the Golden Ratio. Kaylee just did a report on it - it is pretty interesting - and Kaylee was pretty excited to find another good example of one. Tyler's is better than Kevin's - but we think all hair must grow in this pattern (The Golden Ratio is everywhere - maybe I will have Kaylee post more info on what it is.)
2 comments:
Okay Kristi, love the blogpost, but I've got to say the whole Golden Ratio thing is greek to me... I tried looking it up on Wikipedia, and how hair can grow in using the golden ratio, doesn't make sense...
Only in our family would you have to look up a blogpost on wikipedia to understand it!
I love it!! Math is everywhere!!! Tyler looks good. I am a little concerned about Kevin's bumpy head though, kind of weirds me out!!
Post a Comment