Saturday, June 30

Lots of stuff going on

Ok - so it is in the week. I thought since the kids were home - I'd have a few extra minutes to post things this week. Um yeah - what was I thinking. The kids are home. I got up at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday just so I could have more than 5 minutes on the computer. I spend that last hour and a half uploading and organizing photos - so hopefully this post won't take too long - because I have lots to do today.



hummm....Where to start.


Morgan graduated from the 6th grade - she was awarded the Student Libarian award, as well as a Presidential Scholar award. One funny thing was that without realizing it, I dressed Kenzie in the same dress that Morgan wore to Kevin's college graduation 12 years ago.This is Morgan and her teacher Mr. Tebo. Mr. Tebo made us take the picture with no feet so that you can't see that he is standing on his tip toes. That is why Morgan is laughing in the pic.

We can't believe she will be in Junior High next year. Crazy.




I also recently took the girls to a play in Seattle. It was High School Musical. It was put on by a group called "Broadway Bound" - all the actors were kids. When asked how it was my reply was "lunch was good" (I took them to Cheesecake Factory). But it was ok. There was some missed cues (especially the sound guy - a cell phone kept ringing after it was answered, several peoples mics weren't turned on when they were speaking or singing) and at least one memorable wardrobe malfunction - one girl did an entire scene with the zipper on her pants down. The important part was we all had a good time.



The picture on the left is at the play, the one on the right is at the restaurant.


Kevin took the 4 oldest kids to a Kid's Fishing day. For $5 they got a pole, a t-shirt, a couple of other freebies, and to catch 2 fish at Island Lake. (it is one of the lakes they stock - and on the day they stock it, they net off a section of the lake and let the kids fish. They apparently put in like 1200 fish.) Grandpa Frank went along.



Lyndsey was a little freaked out by all the squirmy fish.

Since Sierra got left out of so many of the recent activities, I took her up to The Dancing Brush. She painted a divided bowl (Lyndsey made one a couple of years ago and Sierra love to use it for breakfast - she puts eggos in the big spot, yogurt in one small spot and syrup in the other - she then dips her eggos in her "dips". I have some pictures -but they are on my phone and I haven't figured out how to get them off yet. Here are a couple of the plate itself. I helped a little (I wrote the words, and helped her line up the stamps, and then added some of the dots to the flower and butterfly) But it was mostly done by her.




So that is a quick update on most of us. I'm sure there will be more next week - since Kenzie will be one on Monday. Oh she got one of her presents early - we didn't know how to wrap it. We've talked about getting a wagon for years (since Mo and Kaylee were little) but it just never happened. This one is pretty cool with seats that fold up and down in to like five configurations, and a canopy to block out the sun.

We aren't sure who likes it better - Kenzie or Sierra - But Kenzie is making sure that Sierra understands that it is hers.



They sit in it all the time - this is after baths and before bed. One of the configurations is for one seat with a tray - Sierra loves to sit and color or pretend eat in it. I bought some fun stuff to decorate it for Kenzie's party at the park on Monday.

Yeah - love the wagon - but could have gotten it for about $50 less at the Super Walmart in Poulsbo - I looked at the Bremerton Walmart - didn't see anything there so I ordered it on-line a couple of weeks ago so I was sure it would get here without extra shipping. Then this week I was at the Super Walmart to buy cereal and a couple of other things and they have them in. But mine came with a Bonus Cooler that attaches to the back - how special am I? You can buy the coolers on-line for about $20 so I'm still behind! Oh well. What else is new?

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

Man, everyone is growing up so fast! I can't believe how much older Kenzie looks! Cute as a button. With me not working this upcoming week I had the brief thought - Oh, Scott and I should take a quick trip over there for birthdays and July 4th... then I remembered, oh yea - my doctor might not like that :)... I can't wait to see everyone in Waterton.