It has been quite a month here. There was a visit from cousins, a couple of Aunts,an Uncle, and a Great-Grandma during the first week (unfortunately the week after our spring break, so we didn't get to visit quite as much as we would have liked. But it was great to see them as much as we did.
The next week was what will be referred to as Richmond Stomach Flu 2011 - as we all had the stomach flu. You know it is bad when the entire family was home sick on Wednesday - Tyler's birthday. Nice birthday full of popcicles, ginger ale, and apple sauce. Not a present or candle in sight. He was a trooper and he finally got his presents this weekend. (more later).
So once we were all better, the older girls have been working like crazy to catch up on homework - the added pressure of all the make-up work needing to be in for the quarter ending last Thursday. We also have Sierra playing softball, and Morgan and Kaylee doing track at their schools (Morgan is a thrower - shot put, discus, and javelin. Kaylee is mostly a jumper - long jump and high jump - and also added discus this year). There is also scouts and mutual activities to throw in which have become quite a family affair with me being the bear leader, and Kevin the committee chair for scouts, and the 3 oldest being in Young Women's.
So I decided to add in some sewing projects. I wanted to make Easter/spring dresses or skirts for all the girls. I should have been a little concerned on what that would involve when I bought over 25 yards of fabric (14 of it was muslin for the linings - that was on sale 2 yds for $3 - so I over estimated how much I'd need because I knew I could use the extras for other projects). I did get a little intimidated after I had pre-washed it all and then had to iron all 25 yards. All in all, though I enjoyed the process, I just wish I had given myself a little more time. But I started on Tuesday, and made 2 dresses and 3 skirts by Saturday night, as well as alter Morgan's formal from last year so that she could wear it to Mormon Prom Saturday night (the sleeves didn't fit right). I had bought fabric to make me a skirt that didn't get done, but I will get it made this week. Here is a picture of my efforts - more pictures up on Just Showing Off.
And a group shot just so you know that I have a son :o) I feel a little bad that I don't sew him anything, but then I will probably spend as much time as it took me to make the skirts, sewing patches on his scout shirt this week, since he just earned his Wolf, a gold and 2 silver arrow points, as well as some segments that I haven't sewn on yet. And since when I'm focused on projects like this, I tend to not ride him as hard about how much time he is spending playing video games, he is probably totally fine with me sewing for the girls and wishes I'd do it more often.
Monday, April 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment