Tuesday, August 18
ok - I finally appreciate Craigslist
So I have seen a lot of posts about all these great finds people get from Craigslist...but I just never had any luck with it. The couple of times I find something I wanted, the sellers wouldn't get back to me, or they were charging almost as much as it would cost me to buy something new, or way too much for the condition of the stuff. The thing I have been looking for the most often was furniture for our basement. The furniture we had was full of holes and tears (including some help with scissors from a little SiSi), and sadly I don't know how many times one of the kids had spilled or gotten sick or even peed on it(potty training Tyler was a nightmare). There was actually wires poking out, and the couch attacked Wendy while she was watching the kids.So I said I wasn't going to spend money on furniture until all the kids were potty trained and old enough to be at least a little more responsible for taking care of it. Well, they are all potty trained (and I must say Kenzie never did have any accidents on the furniture) and although they are still kids and I'm not expecting any miracles it was time to get new furniture. So after reading through blogs today, with several of them talking about their craigslist finds (you know who you are), I went up on craigslist and found a listing for a couch and loveseat that looked really nice (way better than what we had) and at a price that we were willing to pay and not care about the kids being kids on and they were with in about 10 minutes of our house. I called, someone actually answered, and said we could come look at it today. So here is my craigslist find....

Sorry, it was a little hard to get photos without them being occupied. Needless to say, the family is excited to have furniture that they aren't afraid to sit/lay on - and I can actually sit on for more than about 15 minutes without it causing problems for my back. Our family room is a family room again! Now, the older girls have been wanting bikes, and after our weekend away, Kevin and I wouldn't mind getting some too, and a trailer for Kenzie to ride in...I'll have to keep my eye on Craigslist...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
YAY... that is exciting... im sure we all have been injured by that couch... i know i was when i hurt my self on accident like 20 times in 2 days... those couches look really low though... yu can actually see the craft table behind them... Anyway... sorry for the rambling comment!
Love ya!
<3 Mo
Awesome!! Couldn't have happened any sooner?? Ah well, it is great to have some decent seats down there.
They look great :) Ya, don't give up on craigslist. It takes reading through a few hundred posts to find something that is actually worth it...I wasn't having any luck in the beginning and FINALLY hit a lucky streak. Maybe this is the beginning of your lucky streak?!
Those look good! never be afraid to talk them down. Glen always has a way to talk the price down even if it's already low.
It seems like it's the best way to make your money stretch and still be able to have the things you want.
Congrats on the great new couches!! I just wish more people in Logan knew about it and would list stuff!
Post a Comment