Monday, December 8

Santa's the Man

Everyone is posting such cute pictures of Santa and their kids. We had the opportunity to see Santa after the Silverdale tree lighting. The younger kids were pretty excited to see him come in on the fire truck, but when it came to actually seeing him, none of them really wanted much to do with him. When I asked Kenzie if she wanted to sit on his lap she said "No. Santa weird" I tried to convince her that he was like a grandpa but with a beard. She said - "no- weird grandpa"
Here's the best pic we got... Sad I know - but when you only get two shots you are really playing against the odds.
Even funnier (and slightly embarrassing) was a couple of days later when she saw a man in a parking lot that had a long white beard and she starts pointing and say very worried "weird grandpa, weird grandpa" I think she thinks he is stalking her. We were far enough away that I don't think he or his wife heard us.
Here is Lyndsey singing "Santa's the Man" with her school choir.

4 comments:

Diana said...

That is classic! "weird grandpa!" I love it!!! Don't you love blogging? Otherwise all these memories might not have been written down, left for lost and forgotten.

Unknown said...

I love it, like Diana, I think it is classic. One that we all will remember for years and tease her about when she is older.

Mrs.Goates said...

Well- at least none of her Grandpa's actually have a white beard - I would hate to be labeled as the "Weird Grandpa!"

And I love Lyndsey's attitude in the song - she gets 10 points on style.

Kristi said...

yeah - you being the "weird grandpa" would be really weird Annie! I can see why you'd have issues!