Wednesday, September 17

Ok - I know it has been a long time. Let's see - since my last post I got a new calling (2nd counselor in the Young Womens - over the 12 and 13 year-old girls - next week - two of the eight beehives will be related to me - and 3 of the remaining ones will be related to the advisor.)
We have also spend a lot of time driving to Tacoma to see specialist because LuLu had a possible seizure on day during lunch (had to call 911 and everything) She has completed her blood work, the sleeping EEG (had to keep her up until midnight and then wake her up at 4 am and then not let her sleep until the test - yeah that was fun. Especially when she decided she wanted me to stay in the room with her so I got to watch her sleep for an hour in a dark room. Needless to say - I was very sleepy myself. Luckily I had an i-pod that she had been listening to on the way down in my purse - so I listened to my book. That helped for a while, but sleep was still winning out by the end of the hour. I had hoped I'd be able to come home and sleep for a while -but it was right before we were leaving for vacation and stuff came up (a windshield that had to be replaced before we left being the big thing) It was also our 15th anniversary and the first YW activity I was suppose to go to. Fun day. She also did her MRI last Friday. Now we are just waiting to go back to the neurologist to see if they found anything.
We then went on vacation to the ocean. We stayed in a house in Seaview on the Long Beach Peninsula. We had a great time. I hope to get some of the pics up before too long.
We came back Labor Day weekend - and then school started. A few hiccups there - they had to rearrange some of the classes at the elementary school because of some unexpected enrollments after school started. It didn't affect every class/grade - just the ones I have kids in. And Mo had to figure out her exciting schedule that involves a zero period class at the high school, joining a PE class half way done (she likes this as so far she hasn't had to run the mile), and having a locker on the complete opposite side of the school from any of her classes.
We also started soccer - been crazy but we have good weather so far, and the kids are doing good - Mo got a yellow card the first game, but her team won 4-0. Sisi scored 5 goals her first game and 2 her second game. Kaylee's team is doing good - winning their first game and tying their second against a team that had won 9-0 the week before (and would have definitely beat Kaylee's team last year). I have yet to watch LuLu - she is having fun although her team hasn't won. She is taller than her coach which is pretty fun. Ty is funny to watch because he has such a big smile on his face that his dimples make his eyes almost close completely - so I 'm sure it is hard to see the ball.
With all of this - the most exciting thing for me is they are actually working on our road!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to video that a member of our ward took - he happens to work for The KitsapSun. http://www.kitsapsun.com/videos/detail/illahee-road-repairs/
It is suppose to be done mid-October - I'm hoping the finish early. And I will be on the phone to the district transportation department the day it opens to see where the buses for my kids are. (I've actually already talked to them, and they said that when they have an opening day, they will send home letters with any route changes - but they will try to keep the routes pretty close to what they are now. Yeah right. I really doubt they will continue to double back through routes in order to avoid Illahee Rd. I really doubt care what they do with the rest of the routes as long as it involves buses coming past my house and picking-up/dropping-off my kids!)

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow, sounds like your life is just a little bit crazy. Tell Mo good job on the yellow card, I'm sure Billy will be proud. I hope everything is ok with LuLu's MRI. Other than that, keep hanging in there, Girl's weekend is only 2 weeks away! YEAH!!!

Kaela said...

I love your family pictures that you have had in your headers! Your family is beautiful and I love how tall you ALL are:) Good luck with everything you guys have going on!! Congrats on the new road too!

Mrs.Goates said...

Yea for new roads! Bet you have a new appreciation for school buses :)