Wednesday, January 2

Well - it is a new year - we brought it in with a few rounds of the stomach flu - Super Fun! Tomorrow everyone returns to "normal life". We've had a great holiday! Fun with family - including getting all the "babies" together - Mackenzie is way bigger than her cousins - you'd think there was a bigger age difference. Although Kenzie is the oldest (born July of 2006), she is a lot bigger than the few months age difference. The other three are all about the same size - although their birthdays are March, July and August of 2007. Aunt Wendy Kay got them all matching outfits for Christmas - Kenzie's was the only one that wasn't a 6-12 month size (hers is a 3t) From right to left - Elaine Goates (Andrea & Scott - born in July) Kaymbri Wells (Nathan & Jessica - born in August) Mackenzie (you couldn't tell right?) and Brooklyn Jessee (Nichole and Billy - born in March) We had a lot of fun on Christmas Eve - singing songs and putting on the Nativity - the lack of boys (we missed the cousins for Texas!) made it necessary for the uncles to get involved.
Even the babies got involved - being little angels. (Kenzie didn't think it was fun - so she just watched - in her defense - she did cut 3 teeth that week) We even had 1 goat - Elaine Goates! (ok - technically there were three "goates" there - but one was a wise man (kneeling in green) and the other was just watching - and when we finally got to the actually acting out of the Nativity, the baby goat was in bed asleep.) Sierra learned a song in preschool she had to share with everyone here's part of it - I had to shorten it so that I could upload it but I'm sure you'll get the idea - you start with "Thumbs Up" and then add something new each time until you get to what you see...

This is just a small glimpse of our holidays - there was also snow, and ice (and mom slipping on the ice) and dressing up among other things.














Oh and lots of good food! Kevin and I even tried Indian for the first time - it was yummy - we'd have it again. We were too chicken to try the sushi - sorry Wendy - I just can't get past the "raw fish" part - makes my throat close up just thinking about it - but I figure there are a lot of really good things to eat out there - if I miss out on sushi - I'll live! And we did our annual crazy-nuts-can't believe someone hasn't been seriously mamed-fire-hazard Fondue Night at my parents. Although ,it wasn't quite as crazy as normal - Kevin was home with sick Sierra and Tyler, and the Jessee's couldn't make it from Auburn.

Hope you all had a great holiday too.


And Happy New Year!

No comments: