Tuesday, May 15

Finally an update!

Well, one thing that I've figured out is that my life really is crazy - I can't believe I haven't gotten up here to update this before now. I skipped book club* tonight (didn't really like the book, Kevin is doing his Elder's Quorum thing, and Morgan isn't feeling real great) so I have a few extra minutes - so instead of catching up on laundry or housework - I'll up date this! :o)




First off - Mackenzie is really going now - she crawls on her hands and knees most of the time now (if she is really in a hurry she still "commando" crawls) and she is starting to pull herself up on furniture - her favorite is the ottoman in the living room. And she loves "the pit"! (our pile of stuffed animals, pillows, and other soft toys that is between the wall, the piano and where the couch and love seat meet in the family room - our version of a ball pit) She just catapults herself over the side of the couch and dives in. Pretty funny. She is looking more and more like a Kewpie doll - her hair is starting to curl around her ears and on top. I have yet to capture the perfect Kewpie doll picture.













Today, Kevin stayed home from work and went to school with Tyler. Tyler made it to 1000 on his number roll - a very big deal. I think the teachers told me that they have never had another kid make it all the way to 1000 in one year. Most of the kids that have made it, have gone to Barker Creek for kindergarten, as well as preschool. He got to tie a gold ribbon around his roll, ring the bell, and tell everyone in the class that he had made it to 1000. Tyler also went to the eye doctor today, he is a little far sighted, but doesn't need glasses right now. He was pretty funny - they were surprised how well he could read the letters and numbers - I think the assistant was getting a little concerned - she has a little boy, also named Tyler who turns 5 in November. She finally says - "did all your kids read this early - or is it just him?" I said it's just him. She looked really relieved that her son wasn't really behind.

Lyndsey went to the eye doctor last week - and her new glasses came in today. She really likes them - and it has been funny to watch her looking at all the things in distance without her glasses - and then with her glasses. She keep saying - "I didn't realize how blurry everything was!" it was really funny while we were shopping at Target!
Well - I guess I better get back to my other stuff! Oh - Kevin just walked in. Too late to pretend I was doing other stuff! Good thing he loves me!

And by the way - Sierra and Kaylee are doing good - Kaylee got her braces off! She will get them back on again when she is done losing and growing teeth - so she can have her "hollywood smile" Sierra has now added a fish pond to her e-i-o farm - funniest conversation ever - wish I had a tape recorder - it was on the level of "who's on first?" It is really hard to drive and laugh your head off at the same time. Especially when you don't want your three-year-old to realize you are laughing at her! Way to long of a story for right now. TTFN

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

Thanks for updating your blog! It's fun to see pictures... Something about Lyndsey's picture reminds me of your pictures when you were younger.