Tuesday, April 10

Easter

Well, we had a good Easter and Spring break. Kaylee and Morgan both had sleepovers here at the house and Kaylee and Lyndsey had a sleepover at a friend's house. Sierra had a sleepover at Aunt Wendy's. Oh, Aunt Wendy slept over conference weekend so we could scrapbook and craft. We also had a basketball banquet which involved about 20 kids, a build-your-own sundae bar, and a pinata. I realized life really is crazy on Sunday during primary. I was leading music during the opening in Junior primary, and the sister conducting said she didn't have any birthdays on her list and asked if I knew of any. I said "no". Then the CTR 5 teacher says "uh - isn't it Tyler's birthday this week?" I had to stop and think before I remembered my own son's birthday is this Friday. Nice.

After church we went to Kevin's parents house for dinner. All the relatives from Olympia were there as well as Frank and Jess and their kids. Grandma and Grandpa Frank had hidden 144 eggs for the 9 grandkids to find (only it was really 8 because Mackenzie wasn't up to crawling around in the wet grass). Tyler got the bonus egg - it had a $1 bill. He could care less about the stickers, toys, and candy in his other eggs. He just wanted to get home so he could but all the coins and that $1 bill in his piggy bank (still his favorite Christmas present.)
KayleeMorganLyndseyTyler



Sierra (or Diva)
We didn't get a picture of Mackenzie in her Easter dress this Sunday - between naps and a dead camera battery. Here are some other current pics of her ...

She makes this face often - Grandpa managed to capture it on film. She is getting so big. She commando crawls like crazy. This is her with Cousin Brooklyn - they are 9 months apart in age, but the size difference is hillarious. Brooklyn thinks Mackenzie is a little scary - and Mackenzie isn't sure what to think of Brooklyn. Mackenzie is still a great baby - very easy going and adjusts well to Mom's crazy schedule getting everyone where they need to be. But when she is done - she's done.
And then she likes nothing better than to cuddle with mom in a quiet room (which mom is usually ready for as well). She loves to put everything in her mouth - and her dad and sisters introduced her to ice cream - a definite "good thing"!!
Well that is all for today - I have about 10 loads of laundry to finish washing and folding. Lucky me!!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

You all look great in your Easter attire. Lookin' good, lookin' good!